Umpqua Brew Fest X is closing in. You can volunteer for the event.
Every event that Umpqua Watersheds hosts has ample opportunity for volunteers.
All opportunities are flexible hours and days! Check out some of the opportunities below:
Outreach and Education
(Like People? Like planning events?)
- Go on/Lead hikes and take photos
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Help fold newsletters for mailing
- Assist in science programs with elementary students
- Plan/Lead committees in planning events (Brew Fest, Annual Banquet, River Appreciation Day, etc.)
- Design event posters
Conservation and Restoration
(Interested in protecting forests and fish?)
- Collect field data
- Take photos of wild forests and streams
- Read and comment on conservation reports
- Participate in rallies
(Do you like organizing and helping with day-to-day operations?)
- Help file photos and other important documents
- Scan documents for archiving
- Answer phones and take messages
- Going to the landfill anyway? Pick up the trash from the UW office on your way.
- Post event flyers and posters around town
- Write thank you letters for donors and sponsors
Each year at our Annual Banquet, notable volunteers are given awards to show our appreciation and gratitude.