Every event that Umpqua Watersheds hosts has ample opportunity for volunteers.
All opportunities are flexible hours and days! Check out some of the opportunities below:
Outreach and Education
(Like People? Like planning events?)
- Go on/Lead hikes and take photos
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Help fold newsletters for mailing
- Assist in science programs with elementary students
- Plan/Lead committees in planning events (Brew Fest, Annual Banquet, River Appreciation Day, etc.)
- Design event posters
Conservation and Restoration
(Interested in protecting forests and fish?)
- Collect field data
- Take photos of wild forests and streams
- Read and comment on conservation reports
- Participate in rallies
(Do you like organizing and helping with day-to-day operations?)
- Help file photos and other important documents
- Scan documents for archiving
- Answer phones and take messages
- Going to the landfill anyway? Pick up the trash from the UW office on your way.
- Post event flyers and posters around town
- Write thank you letters for donors and sponsors
Each year at our Annual Banquet, notable volunteers are given awards to show our appreciation and gratitude.