Episode 4: Observing Birds & Other Wildlife
Published June 22nd, 2021 in Education-AmeriCorps
In this episode, we heard from Damon Lesmeister and Matthew Hunter about how technology is being used to help researchers collect data about birds, and some tips and suggestions for attracting birds and other wildlife to your yard.
Links/Websites Mentioned in (or related to) Episode 4
- Wondering what a bird song looks like? Check out this spectrogram of a spotted owl call from the National Park Service
- Pacific Northwest Research Station – Information on Acoustic Monitoring of Owls
- UmpquaBirds.org – Link
- Great Backyard Bird Count (Happening February 12th – 15th!) – Want to get involved? Click here.
- Want to learn more about Matt’s work? – Matthew Hunter’s Website
- Tool for Identifying Various Species – iNaturalist.org